登陆注册
15821900000006

第6章 ChangetheOpinions交换意见

Disagreeing with the chairperson is acceptable (even expected).Naturally there are ways of disagreeing or saying that you partly agree, in a manner that is polite and acceptable. Disagreeing with a colleague in a meeting is not a personal matter, but part of the process of achieving the purposes of the meeting.

与会议主席意见不同是会被接受的(甚至会受到鼓励)。人们通常都是以让人能够接受的方式很礼貌地表示不同意见。在会上与同事意见不一致绝不是个人之间的意见,而是使会议取得成功的必要过程。

赞成

agree to / with sth. 同意

I agree with the proposal.

(=I m in favor of the proposal.)

(=I m for the proposal.)

我赞同该提议。

Mr.President,our delegation is pleased to agree to the motion.

主席先生,我们的代表团很乐意接受该提案。

I agree with you about/ on the new plan.

(=I agree to share the same opinion about/ on the new plan.)

关于这个新计划我赞同你的意见。

I agree to your request to postpone payment.

(=I am willing to accept your request to postpone payment.)

(=I allow your request to postpone payment.)

我同意你延期付款的要求。

I agree to review your credit position in a few months.

我同意几个月后再审查一下你的信用等级。

Yes,I absolutely agree with your idea.

是的,我完全同意你的想法。

I agree with almost all of your suggestions.

你的建议我几乎都赞成。

We have no time to argue, so we agree with your advice.

因为我们没有时间争论,所以我们接受你的忠告。

That is correct.We willingly agree with your opinion.

那是正确的,我们欣然接受你的意见。

agree/in agreement with sb. 同意某人

I agree with the chairman s statement.

(=I have the same opinion as the chairman.)

我同意主席的陈述。

I agree with Mr.Smith s opinion that protecting the personal information of members is an important concern.

我赞同Smith先生所说,保护会员个人资料是一个重要考量。

I fully agree with Mr.Smith and I think there is nothing to amend at this point.

我完全同意Smith先生,而且我认为在这点上没有任何需要修正的地方。

I agree with you on your last statement.

我对你先前的见解表示赞成。

I agree with you about the analysis.

我同意你这样分析。

I am in agreement with Dr. Green.

我完全同意 Green 先生的见解。

I completely agree with Professor Wood in this decision.

在这项决定上我完全同意 Wood 教授。

I wish I could say that I am in agreement with Dr. Right on this point.

在这一点上我想说,我同意 Right 先生。

I completely agree with Mr. Smith; how about you?

我完全同意 Smith 先生,大家怎么看?

agree... but... 赞成,但是

I agree in principle,but I need time to think about it.

原则上我赞同,但是我需要时间来考虑。

I would tend to agree to your opinion. But they disagree.

我比较倾向赞同你的意见。但是他们不同意。

I wish I could agree with you, but I find it difficult to understand your point.

真希望我能同意你,可是我发现要了解你的观点很难。

We agree a little of what your company is saying, but I have to discuss with my boss.

我们懂一些你们公司的意思,但是我需要和老板商量。

understand... 理解

Yes, I think I fully understand your point.

是的,我想我完全了解你的意思。

I understand the stance you are in.

我明白你所处的立场。

I understand this issue must be difficult for you.

我了解这个问题对于你来说一定不简单。

I can understand that this must occupy much of your thoughts.

我可以明白,这事肯定一直萦绕在你的脑海中。

I understand your opinion only partially.

我只了解你的一部分意见。

I really understand how bad you feel.

我真的明白你感觉有多糟。

I understand that you are interested in the radical intermediates and that you intend to trap them by special technique.

我了解你对放射性中间体感兴趣,而且你打算使用一种特殊的技术追踪它。

As your best partner, I understand what you want to do.

作为你最好的搭档,我了解你想做什么。

Yes, I understand your point of view.

是的,我明白您的观点。

I can understand your situation.

我可以了解您的处境。

I see... 我懂

I see.I finally understand,thanks to your explanation.

我懂了。多亏你的解释,我终于了解了。

I see.You have a point there.

我懂了。你说的有道理。

I see what you mean and I appreciate your position.

我懂您的意思,而且我也很清楚您的立场。

sound good 听来不错

That sounds good.Please do so.

那听起来不错。请照做。

That news sounds good.

那则消息听来不错。

A:I d like to propose an advertising campaign using the Internet homepage.

我建议使用网络主页,打广告促销。

B:Using Internet would be a good idea. I agree with it completely.

使用互联网是一个很好的构想,我完全赞同。

A:Let s subcontract production of the illustrations for a really professional look.

为了看起来更专业,插图部分我们送出外包。

B:That sounds great! I hadn t thought about it, but professional illustrations would be very impressive.

那太棒了!关于这点我没有想到,但专业的说明是非常抢眼的。

A:Yes, I think we can agree on that.

是的,我认为我们可以在这个问题上达成一致了。

B:I can imagine that this must occupy much of your thoughts.

我可以想象,这事肯定让你费了很多心思。

A:That s true.

的确是这样。

反对

cannot...无法

I cannot agree with Mr. Smith on that issue.

在这个议题上,我不同意 Smith 先生的观点。

I cannot offer you my support at this time.

在现阶段,我无法支援你。

Mr. President, I cannot agree to the proposal until we have fully examined the issue of protecting personal information.

主席,在我们尚未完全检查保护个人资料的问题之前,我无法同意这个提案。

I cannot help you with this issue.

在这个问题上,我爱莫能助。

To be frank, I cannot accept this unfair contract.

坦白说,我无法接受这不公平的合约。

I am afraid that I cannot reply to your offer in a timely fashion.

我恐怕没办法及时回复你的提议。

I have spent a great deal of thought on your proposal and I have decided that we cannot accept it at this time.

我仔细考虑过你的提案,并且决定我们目前无法接受。

I understand your conditions.However,under our circumstances,I cannot accommodate your request.

我了解你的情况。然而,在我们的状况下,我无法接受你的要求。

We have continuously discussed this issue since the last meeting,but we are afraid that we cannot adopt your plan.

自上次会议以来我们一直在讨论这个议题,但恐怕我们无法采用你的计划。

But I cannot agree leaving the product on the market just to save our profits.

但是我不同意只为了自己的利益,就继续销售产品。

no/ not... 不接受

I m afraid we are not going to agree on this.

恐怕我们不能在此问题上达成一致意见。

I see no point in continuing this discussion.

我认为没有必要再继续谈了。

I don t agree. This will not be of benefit to us.

我不同意。这对我们没有好处。

What you are saying does not fit well with our company s policy.

你所说的并不符合我们公司的方针。

You always blame the tardiness on our company, but this time we are not going to keep quiet.

你们总是将延迟归咎于我们公司,但是这次我们不打算再沉默了。

There is almost no hope.

几乎没有希望。

I am sorry but I am not able to agree with this case.

我很抱歉,但是我无法同意这个案子。

Your opinion is not as it seems to be.

你的意见似乎与实际有出入。

I m sorry there is no way to concede.

很抱歉,我们不可能再让步了。

We will not make a contract for your cheat.

我们不可能签约了,因为你们骗人。

dis / im / un 表示与相反

This condition is a disadvantage for our company as a whole.

整体来看,这个条件对我们公司不利。

Such a ridiculous thing is impossible.

如此荒谬的事是不可能的。

Such a conclusion is unthinkable.

这样的结论是无法想象的。

It is impossible to reach a solution without the cooperation of all.

没有各方面的合作,要解决问题是不可能的。

I am sorry,but your request is unacceptable.

我很抱歉,不过你的要求是无法接受的。

Unfortunately, upon scrutinizing your proposal, we found it unacceptable.

非常遗憾,经过我们审慎的研究,我们无法接受你们的提议。

That decision is unfair.

那个决定是不公平的。

Unfortunately, that s not so.

不幸的是,事实并非如此。

That s impossible to believe.

那不可能令人相信。

alternative 替代的,不同的

I wish that you would give alternative proposals.

我希望你能提出替代方案。

I have an alternative perspective on this.

(=I have a different point of view on this issue.)

在这个问题上,我有不同的看法。

I would like to point out an alternative way of looking at this.

我想指出看待此事的另一个方式。

Let s think up some alternative plans for this joint venture.

关于这个合资企业,我们想一些替代方案吧。

One alternative way of satisfying both our objectives is the development of new material.

另一个可以同时满足我们这两个目标的方法是开发新材料。

An alternative solution that I see is the improvement of financial situations.

我认为有一个替代解决的方法是改善财务状况。

But there is a way to have the best of both alternatives.

不过还有一个两全其美的方法。

never... 从未

What a funny story.I have never heard of it before.

多有趣的故事,我之前从来没听说过。

I have never thought about that.

我从来未想过那件事。

It s never occurred to me.

我从来没想过。

oppose/object/take exception to 反对他人的观点I would oppose to that legislation.

我反对这项立法。

I strongly oppose to the plan.

我强烈反对这个计划。

I would object to Dr. Party s statement.

我反对 Party 先生的观点。

I object to heavy drinking.

我反对酗酒。

I d like to take exception to that comment.

我反对那项评论。

I must take exception to the phrase.

我反对那种说法。

A:It might be that we should cut down on costs by reducing the number of workers.

也许我们应该裁减员工,来减少开销。

B:I m afraid I can t accept your proposal.

我恐怕无法接受你的提议。

A:Why?

为什么?

B:It s obvious that using this means company has led to this decline.

很明显,这么做意味着公司进入衰退期。

A:But... If you say that, I can not help you with this issue.

但是……如果你要这么说的话,在这个问题上我就爱莫能助了。

B:How can we do so? What you are saying does not fit well with our company s policy.

我们怎么可以这么做呢?你所说的并不符合我们公司的方针。

A:I wish that you would give alternative proposals.

我希望你能提出更好的方案。

B:Let s reconsider that together.

我们再重新考虑一下吧。

中立

but 但是(表示不完全同意)

I understand what you re saying, but things are not so easy.

你说的我了解,但事情并非那么简单。

I can see that, but it may cause trouble.

我明白这一点,不过它可能会招来麻烦。

That s true, but there s a better way.

这是真的,不过还有更好的办法。

I see your point, but it s hard to believe those statistics.

我明白你的观点,但那些统计资料很难叫人相信。

Perhaps, but don t you think it s too late?

或许是这样,但你不认为太迟了吗?

That may well be correct, but we still have to consider the other divisions.

那也许正确,但是我们仍需要考虑到其他部门。

I agree to almost everything,but I would like to add some small improvements.

大部分我都同意,不过我想补充一些小小的改进之处。

Not a bad idea, but maybe we should look at the larger picture.

说得没错,不过也许我们应着眼于大局。

I almost agree with it, but there is still something which should be improved.

大部分我都同意,但仍有一些地方需要改进。

I think so, but I want to add something.

我也这样认为,但是我想补充几句。

hard to say 很难说

This proposal and your proposal are both very good, and it is hard to say which is better.

这个提案和你的提案都很棒,很难说哪一个比较好。

Although Mr.Smith has touched on the subject,it is hard to say that he has dealt thoroughly with the solution.

虽然Smith先生涉及过该项议题,但很难说他已把解决方案彻底地处理好。

It s hard to say under this circumstance.

在这种情况下很难说。

Hard to say. It all depends.

难说,这要看情形了。

have no opinion 没意见

I really have no opinion about that.

我确实对此没有任何意见。

I have no opinion to that either.

对那我也没有异议。

If you can assure, I have no opinion to it.

如果你敢打保票,我没意见。

I have no opinion to which one you choose, because they are both so brilliant.

你选择他们哪一个我都没意见,因为他们都很优秀。

consider/think over/take into consideration again 重新考虑

Why don t you take this problem into consideration again?

你为何不再将这个问题考虑进去?

May I interrupt for a moment? Why not think it over again before ****** a final decision?

我能打断一下吗?为何不在做最后决定之前,再重头考虑一次?

I hope that you consider the plan again to make it mutually beneficial for both parties.

为了能让双方都受益,我希望你能再考虑一下这个计划。

We need to drastically consider the new business plan again.

我们需要彻底地重新考虑这个新商业计划。

Since it is your earnest request,I will consider it again.

既然这是你诚挚的要求,我会重新考虑的。

I think I will be able to take your request into consideration again.

我想我可以重新考虑你的要求。

A:We could continue to use Eastern Transfer for shipping, but we feel a more reliable company is needed.

我们可以继续使用东方转运公司运输,但我们需要一家更可靠的公司。

B:I m glad you feel that way; we also wanted to propose changing shippers.

你有那种想法我很高兴,我们也想建议改换装运公司。

C:I understand what you re saying, but things are not so easy.

你们说的我都了解,但事情并非那么简单。

A:I think that would be acceptable to everyone.

我认为换装运公司每一个人都能接受。

C:Maybe you re right, but don t you think it s too late?

或许是那样,但你不认为太迟了吗?

B:That s true, but there is a better way.

这是真的,不过还有更好的办法。

C:Really? What s that?

真的吗?那是什么好主意?

同类推荐
  • 简·爱(英文原版)

    简·爱(英文原版)

    《简·爱》是英国女作家夏洛蒂·勃朗特创作的一部带有自传性质的长篇小说。作品以一个父母双亡、从小被送进孤儿院的女孩简·爱为主人公,讲述她在各种磨难中坚持自我、不畏挫折、不懈努力地追求自由与尊严,很终获得幸福的故事。小说引人入胜地描绘了男女主人公曲折的爱情经历,成功塑造了一位富有激情、幻想,且具有反抗精神、勇于追求自由与平等的妇女形象。百余年来,简·爱的形象深入人心,对世界各国的读者都产生了较为深远的影响。
  • 英汉词汇对比研究

    英汉词汇对比研究

    学习任何一种语言,首先接触的是词。一个人学习母语外的另一种语言,下意识地会把两种语言的词汇进行比较:汉语有多少字,或能和英语词基本对等的语言单位来说,汉语有多少词?
  • 英语语篇语法概论

    英语语篇语法概论

    英语写作,即英语语篇文本的生成是英语学习者的一项十分重要的英语实用能力,也是一个英语学习者的综合英语能力结构中的核心构成要素之一。然而,英语文本的生成却普遍是英语学习者的薄弱之处。不少学习者经过了多年的辛苦努力后却仍然难以顺利地运用英语达成一定的实用文本交际的目的。因此,英语语篇文本生成能力的薄弱常常轻易地抹杀了人们在英语学习上付出艰辛努力奋斗所获得的成绩。这在我们社会正深入走进市场经济,社会对英语学习者越来越要求具备实用技能和能力的今天,英语的语篇文本的创建能力,无论对于实际工作的需要,应对求职面试,还是应对各种各样的英语考试都显得越来越重要。
  • 临时应急会话宝典

    临时应急会话宝典

    本书主要是为英语口语学习者准备的,以句子的形式表达各种情况。句子中包括了实用的词汇及短语。对于有相同说法的词语或句子,书中也做了说明。本书以主题划分,分为十大主题,主题以下又划分为具体的状况,比如:逛街购物时如何讨价还价,挑选衣服;面试找工作时,应聘者如何自我介绍,面试者如何提问;身在外国时需要去药店、去医院等等,涉及日常生活、工作、出国等方方面面,读者可以很轻松地找到应急的那句话。同时还配备MP3,让你听到原汁原味的英音。
  • 双语学习丛书-父爱如山

    双语学习丛书-父爱如山

    流淌心灵的隽语,记忆的箴言,在双语的世界里,感受英语学习的乐趣,体会英语学习的奥妙,提高英语学习的能力!丛书包括:爱的交融、财富精英、成长课堂、醇香母爱、父爱如山、故乡情怀、节日趣闻、快乐心语、浪漫往昔等故事。
热门推荐
  • 青丘狐山:妖本无泪

    青丘狐山:妖本无泪

    世人皆羡九尾法力高强,怎知九尾修成所经之痛?“哼……九尾狐,真是让人好生羡慕。贤娴,你那身皮毛,可让姐姐我眼红得很。指不定哪天,就让人给剥了去。”缘起,皆因她为九尾。“白狐,若你能把你那身皮毛交予本座,本座便可放你一马。”“本座怜你也是略通了一点灵识,若你把它交给本座,本座可以助你成仙。”笑叹世间,世事难料;天界修行,天狐筑成,终成一方妖仙。时光荏苒,君可记最初所望?妖本无泪,并非无情。纵身跳下轮回台,只为一人。千年轮回,只愿君知:人有情,妖,亦有情。
  • 天行

    天行

    号称“北辰骑神”的天才玩家以自创的“牧马冲锋流”战术击败了国服第一弓手北冥雪,被誉为天纵战榜第一骑士的他,却受到小人排挤,最终离开了效力已久的银狐俱乐部。是沉沦,还是再次崛起?恰逢其时,月恒集团第四款游戏“天行”正式上线,虚拟世界再起风云!
  • 快穿:又见小黑屋

    快穿:又见小黑屋

    0839终于成功绑定了一个宿主,而且这个宿主还很听话,虽然有点蠢,但它真的不介意,只是……0839:[宿主小弟,能保证下次别死太惨了吗?]元识微:[好!]0839:[宿主小弟,下次还是早点死吧。]元识微:[⊙ω⊙]0839:[宿主小弟,为什么你次次都能碰上变态?]元识微:[(无辜脸)]0839:[宿主小弟,你家变态又追上来了。]元识微:[我好像跟他不熟。]0839:[好!保持这个气势,不能屈服于恶势力!]某变态:[(拔刀)]0839:[我觉得你还是跟着他走吧。]总而言之,元识微在0839“淳淳”教导下向着作死的方向一路狂奔。?有主线,1V1,黑化甜宠,苏爽下饭,快到坑里来。
  • 天降爱豆成同桌

    天降爱豆成同桌

    “你…你说什么?我男神转到咱们学校了?”“是的!你的男神乔晚尘,他转来咱们学校啦!你没听错!”木九玖一脸震惊的看着眼前的卫文寒,而卫文寒却是肯定的点了点头木九玖没想到她的男神乔晚尘会转来这个学校,也没想到后来居然被分到了她们班,更没想到的是,最后居然成了她的同桌木九玖:“诶,你掐我一下呗”乔晚尘:“干嘛?”木九玖:“我想知道自己是不是在做梦”即便校园生活很美好,可终究还是逃不过绿茶作祟,面对绿茶再三找茬,又该当如何?
  • 阴司守灵人

    阴司守灵人

    养父说我是吃鬼奶活过来的。爸爸死后,子承父职,我去给人守灵堂,亡者做模特的儿媳妇横死,给看阴墓风水先生突然重病……
  • 天行

    天行

    号称“北辰骑神”的天才玩家以自创的“牧马冲锋流”战术击败了国服第一弓手北冥雪,被誉为天纵战榜第一骑士的他,却受到小人排挤,最终离开了效力已久的银狐俱乐部。是沉沦,还是再次崛起?恰逢其时,月恒集团第四款游戏“天行”正式上线,虚拟世界再起风云!
  • 三年天下

    三年天下

    无双城前,她骑在草泥马上,长剑随意抗在肩头,身后跟着数以百计的黄金军团。她微笑着打了个响指,朱唇轻启:屠城!她是如此的洒脱和威武!可是身后却暗藏诡谲和层层阴谋!且看一群俊男美女们如何将真相昭告天下!--情节虚构,请勿模仿
  • 鹿晗,我很爱你

    鹿晗,我很爱你

    【暂且断更一段时间,请见谅~】夏悠悠一个拥有逗比,女汉子以及软妹子性格的女孩纸。与鹿不羁在高中,俩人之间会发生什么奇葩之事or..(请自行脑补)大大发誓这介绍与作品无多大关系。
  • 超品狂龙

    超品狂龙

    世界顶级杀手?特种兵?被誉为“上帝之手”的国际一流造型师?拥有百亿身价30岁的上市公司CEO?不,这些都不是丁不凡的身份,准确来说这是他上辈子的事情。因为,他走了狗屎运意外重生成为了一名学生。学习渣?,没关系,我能快速记忆。生病了?小问题,会医术,疑难杂病尽管来。单挑我?Sorry.你可能是个智障。警花,校花,护士,白领,总裁,挑一个?NO,NO,这不重要,重要是她们喜欢投怀送抱。且看丁不凡如何从一个草根再次崛起,游乐都市,凭靠一双手成为世界传奇人物。
  • 皓元圣尊

    皓元圣尊

    一个礼宾的霸道征途我就是天,天就是我最高峰的男人无止境的征途……宇宙最强?那只是过程不是目的!