登陆注册
15821900000004

第4章 SummarizetheMeetin会议总结

Usually the last order of business at every meeting is either to set a date and time for the next meeting, or to state that it isn t possible and why it s not, and that the President will choose the next date and time as soon as possible. Whenever a meeting is called to a close, the Chair is expected to state the date and time of the next meeting.

通常会议最后讨论的事项,就是定出下次会议的日期与时间,或是解释会议的时效性与争议,届时主席将会尽快定出下次会议的确切日期与时间。因为通常会议结束后,主席都要声明下次会议的日期与时间了。

归纳总结

to summarize... 总之

To summarize the results of our discussion,we see that two proposals have to be reconsidered—the increase in productivity and the organizational reform.

总结我们讨论的结果,有两个提案需要被重新讨论,那就是生产力提高和组织改革。

Now, to summarize what s been said, the US suppliers can no longer provide what we need.

一言以蔽之,现在美国的供货商无法再供应我们所需的商品。

To summarize, what I m saying is that costs are too high.

概括地讲,我所说的意思就是成本太高了。

To summarize, in my view, there are too many uncertainties.

总之,我认为这里的不确定因素太多了。

let me summarize 让我总结一下

Let me summarize what has been agreed so far.

让我总结一下到目前为止达成的共识。

Let me summarize the main strands of the argument.

让我总结一下主要的观点。

Let me summarize today s discussion.

让我来总结一下今天的讨论。

Before we close, let me summarize the main points.

在结束之前,让我再小结一下重点。

I m afraid... 恐怕

I m afraid I have to disagree with you.

恐怕我不得不和你的意见相左了。

I m afraid they have to abandon this project without your approval.

恐怕他们不得不在没经得你同意的情况下,放弃这个项目了。

I m afraid we have to accept the fact that the loss has already been made.

恐怕我们不得不接受亏损已经造成了这个事实。

I m afraid I can t fulfill your wish.

恐怕我无法满足你的要求。

You are perfectly right, but I m afraid somehow I can t agree with you.

你说得对,但是恐怕有些方面我无法苟同。

I m afraid that s the point I can t agree to.

恐怕这一点我无法同意。

I m afraid I can t give you a definite answer to that matter now because we are in the middle of an investigation.

恐怕我现在无法给你确定的答案,因为我们的调查还在进行中。

I can certainly understand your opinion, but I m afraid for a number of reasons, I can t agree with you.

我当然了解你的观点,但是由于一些原因,我恐怕无法同意。

I am well aware of the situation. However, under the circumstances, I m afraid I can t wholeheartedly accept your request.

我很了解情况,但是在这样的情形下,我恐怕不能完全接受你的请求。

I m afraid that s unacceptable because I don t think you ve planned enough.

很抱歉我无法接受,我觉得你计划得还不够周全。

so / as a result of... 总之

So, we ve agreed to put the decision to the workforce.

因此,我们同意把决定权留给全体职工。

So the decisions taken here today are firstly, to increase the advertising budget by ten per cent; secondly, to develop new products.

因此,我们今天的决策是:第一,广告预算增加10%;第二,开发新产品。

As a result of today s discussion, the committee is asked to draw up a report along with a scheme for execution.

基于今天讨论的结果,我们要求委员会制订计划报告书及具体方案。

As a result of this discussion,the committee will make a report along with a plan of execution.

基于这个讨论的结果,委员会将连同执行计划一并做出报告书。

finally... 终于

I know we would be able to resolve our difference finally.

我就知道我们最终能化解分歧的。

Anyway, I am glad to see we finally reach an agreement.

可喜的是,我们终于达成了一致。

Finally we got permission for production only after a strict examination.

经过严格的审核之后,我们终于获得了生产许可。

We are pleased to see that we reach an agreement finally.

我们大家都很欣喜地看到我们最终达成了协议。

result / consequence 结果

We can anticipate the consequences.

我们能预测到后果。

Several likely results can be predicted.

类似的结果可以预测。

These results are predictable.

(=We can predict these results.)

这些结果是可预测的。

We foresee these probable consequences.

我们预见到了这些可能的成果。

I think... 我认为

I think the most important thing right now is to close the deal.

我认为现在最重要的是把这项买卖谈下来。

Now that we have listed a lot of solutions,I think that we can start to consider which one would be best.

既然我们已经列出了许多解决方案,我认为我们可以开始考虑哪个是最好的。

I think that we have plenty of ideas now.Let s make a list of them so that we can compare them with each other.

我想我们现在有很多意见。我们把这些意见列一个表,以便互相比较。

I think that now is the time to start narrowing down these options.

我想现在是开始缩小这些选择项目的时候了。

I think we can try to trim the apparently non viable options.

我认为我们可以试着删除那些显然不可实行的选项了。

I think that just about covers everything. Let s go over them once again.

我觉得我们差不多完成了所有的内容。我们再过一遍吧。

I think I can probably do what you want.

我想或许我可以满足你的要求。

I think you re right in your point and judgment.

我认为你的判断及主张是正确的。

Frankly, I think they ve made the right decision.

坦白地说,我认为他们的决定是正确的。

I would like... 我希望

I would like you to spend a couple of days to investigate it,and then report back to us on / concerning your findings.

我希望你们能花几天进行调查,然后将调查的结果回报给我们。

Mr.Smith and Ms.Morgan,I would like both of you to take this issue offline and come back to us with an alternative suggestion by next week.

Smith先生和Morgan小姐,我想请你们两位停止讨论本议题,并请在下周之前给我们提出一个替代方案。

I would like to conclude by stating that this meeting is the ideal place to speak of these kinds of proposals openly.

最后我想指出,这个会议是公开提出这类提案的最佳场合。

I would like to close this meeting now.

我想现在结束今天的会议。

I would like to encourage your further interest in and attention to the several subjects that we have talked about.

对于我们所谈论到的几个议题,我想要鼓励各位持续关注。

the main points... 主要问题是

The main points we have looked at are how the tax changes will affect the company, and what we can do about these changes.

我们已涉及的主要问题是税收政策的变化会对公司造成什么影响,以及我们该如何应对这些变化。

The main points of today s meeting is the decision which we have made to improve our financial conditions.

今天会议的主要结果是我们决定改进我们的财务状况。

Let the minutes show that we have agreed upon the main points.

让我们在会议记录上记录我们已就几个主要问题达成的共识。

Please submit the main points of today s meeting as a report.

请以报告的方式提交今天会议主要讨论的问题。

Is there... / Do... 还有

Let s see if we can narrow down this list to a smaller number of options. Is there anything that we can clearly cut out?

让我们看看这份清单是否可以简化成几个选项。有什么项目是我们明确可以删除的吗?

Is there anything else we need to discuss?

还有什么别的要讨论的吗?

Did we miss anything on the agenda?

我们是否遗漏了哪个议项?

Does anyone wish to add anything?

有没有人要补充?

Does anybody question our decision?

有人对我们的决定有疑问吗?

Is there any other business?

还有其他事情吗?

Are there any other topics we need to discuss?

还有其他论题需要我们讨论吗?

I am very pleased to have been exposed to such a wide variety of viewpoints during the conference. It seems to me that the conference has been extremely successful in bringing together scientists who, although from such diverse points of view, have a common interest. The remarks that I have to make are to comment on what I think of major importance and to present a few thoughts of my own that have developed over a number of years and that I think will fit into the context of this conference.

我很高兴在这次会议上听到了这么多不同的观点和意见。对我来说大会是成功的,它使那些虽然观点不同但是兴趣相同的人聚集在一起。我要说的是那些我认为很重要的和那些已经存在了很久的我的某些与这次会议内容相符合的想法。

This has been a tremendous conference and, I think, the first conference of this type that has ever been held. Apart from the formal business and scientific sessions of the Conference, an excellent opportunity was provided for informal conversations and discussions among the delegates during the recesses and on other occasions. What may have been lost in the brevity of the panel discussions was most certainly recovered in private conversations.

这是一次成功的盛会,也是第一次这种形式的会议。抛开那种正式的纯商业或纯科学性质的会议,这次大会为所有与会者提供了非正式谈话和讨论的机会。在传统的会议中不存在的自由气氛在私人的谈话中重现了。

If any single conclusion can be drawn from this Symposium, it is simply that there is an awareness of the importance of sustainable development by industry and government throughout the world. This Symposium has provided the opportunity for an exchange of information on this very important subject.

如果要为这次大会做个总结的话,那就是全世界工业可持续发展的重要性被大家所熟知。这次大会为研究这个重要课题提供了一个交流信息的机会。

提议和表决

have a vote on... / put it to the vote 投票表决

I think everyone has had their say now. We cannot discuss the pros and cons interminably. Let s have a vote on it.

我想现在每个人都已发表了自己的意见。我们不能没完没了地讨论利弊。让我们对提议投票表决吧!

I don t think we see eye to eye on this at all. Let s put it to the vote.

我认为在这个问题上我们的意见并不完全相同。让我们投票表决吧!

All right then. Let s put it to the vote.

那好吧,让我们投票表决。

Perhaps we should have a vote on this.

也许我们应就此投票表决。

Can we have a vote on that proposal?

我们对这个建议投票,怎么样?

in favor or against 是赞成还是反对

How many are in favor of postponing the project? How many against?

多少人赞成将计划推迟?多少人反对?

All those in favor? ...five. Those against? ...four.

哪几位赞成?……五位。哪几位反对?……四位。

Five in favor, five against. I ll have to use my casting vote. I m against the proposal. This means that the motion has been defeated.

五票赞成,五票反对,看来我不得不投这决定性的一票了。我反对这项提议。这意味着这项提议被否决。

Everybody in favor,please raise your hand.Now,everybody against,please raise your hand.

赞成本议题的请举手。现在,反对的人请举手。

The question shall be decided by vote, according to the rules. Those in favor shall present a white card; those against shall present a blue card. Please do not sign your name / be anonymous.

根据规则,我们将投票决定这个问题。赞成的请投白色卡,反对的请投蓝色卡,不记名。

All those in favor. All those against. Right, thank you.

这些都是赞成票,那些都是反对票,好,谢谢。

Isn t there anybody who would like to say a few words in favor of the proposal? Or against?

有没有赞成这项提议的人要说几句的?反对的呢?

no objection 没有异议

Since there are no objections any more, I would like to move on to the drafting of a resolution. Does everyone approve?

由于不再有异议,我想进行起草决议。各位同意吗?

Hearing no objections, I assume you adopt the proposal.

如果没人反对的话,我就假定你们都同意本提案了。

As there seems to be no objections,we take it that the Committee adopts it.

看来似乎没人有异议,那么我们就当作委员会同意了。

Hearing no objection, I assume you agree.

没有异议的话,我认为你们都同意了。

There is no objection, isn t there?

大家没有异议,对吧?

As I hear no objections, I assume that the procedure which I have suggested is acceptable to the Committee. This procedure is therefore adopted.

既然我没有听到反对意见,我认为委员会已经同意了我的建议,这个程序被通过了。

That s fine with us. We have no objections.

这样可以,我们没有异议。

the results... 投票结果

The secretary will announce the results of the vote just taken.

秘书将宣布投票结果。

The result is:

Total number of votes cast: X votes

Affirmative: A votes

Negative: B votes

Invalid Votes: C votes

投票结果是:

投票总数:X票

赞成:A票

反对:B票

无效:C票

The result for the poll was a total of 175votes,100 for and 50 against.There were 5blank votes and 20 which were undetermined.

投票的结果是,总数175票,赞成的100票,反对的50票。空白的5票,无效票是20票。

The result is a draw.

这是一场平局。

The president will announce the results of the vote on the subject.

主席将会宣布此项议题的表决结果。

the motion... 提议

The motion to postpone the project has been carried by five votes to two.

推迟计划的提议以五比二获得通过。

The motion has been rejected.

提议被否决。

So the motion has been accepted/ rejected by 4votes to 3.

这样,该项提议以4:3的投票结果通过/否决。agree on/with/to... 同意

Are we all agreed on this then?

那么我们意见一致了?

In that case, I can agree with you right away.

这样的话,我可以立即答应你。

I m glad you said that, and I agree with you completely.

很高兴你这么说,我完全同意。

I agree with the broad outline of your position, but not with its details.

我大体上同意你的意见,但是细节部分则不然。

I agree to your condition.

我同意你的条件。

I agree with most of what you ve said.

我同意你所说的大部分内容。

will... 将要(下一步安排)

Paul will look into the cost of hiring equipment.

保罗将去了解租用设备的成本。

Before the next meeting we will carry out market research.

在下次会议之前,我们需要进行市场调研。

We will follow up the problem in the canteen.

我们要跟进一下餐厅所存在的问题。

So, who will contact Head Office about this?

那么,谁将就此事与总部联系?

We will discuss today s issue once again in tomorrow s meeting.

我们会在明天的会议上,再一次讨论今天的议题。

As we could not reach a conclusion,the subject will be carried over into the agenda of the General Assembly in February.

由于我们无法做出结论,本主题将归入2月的General Assembly (会员大会)议程继续讨论。

As we have been unable to reach a consensus,the subject will be continued in a special session tomorrow.

由于我们无法做成结论,本主题会在明天的特别会议上继续讨论。

We will adjourn until after lunch and reconvene at 2:00 sharp.

我们将休息一下吃午饭,下午两点整继续开会。

We will adjourn to begin promptly again at September 6th.

我们下次开会将在9月6日。

A:I think everyone has had their say now. We cannot discuss the pros and cons interminably. Perhaps we should take a vote on this.

我想现在每个人都发表了自己的意见。我们不能没完没了地讨论利弊。也许我们现在应就此投票表决。

B:All right then. Let s put it to the vote.

那好吧,我们投票表决。

A:According to the rules: Those in favor shall present a white card; those opposed shall present a blue card. Please do not sign your name.

根据规则:赞成的请投白色卡,反对的请投蓝色卡,不记名。

B:The result for the poll was a total of 175votes, 100 for and 50 against. There were 5blank votes and 20 which were undetermined.

投票的结果是,总数 175票,赞成的 100 票,反对的 50 票。空白的 5票,无效票是 20 票。

A:Oh, yeah! This procedure is there for adopted.

噢,太好了!这个程序被通过了。

C:Congratulation to you!

祝贺你!

A:Thanks!

谢谢!

休会

thank you for... 感谢各位

All scheduled programs have been completed. Thank you for your participation.

所有预定议程都已结束,谢谢各位的参与。

We would like to thank you for your kindness and support.

我们想要谢谢各位的好意与支持。

As chairman,I would like to thank you for attending and congratulate you all on the smooth completion of every agenda item.

身为主席,我要谢谢各位的出席,并祝贺各位顺利地完成了每个议程的事项。

We should like to thank you for your understanding and support in the past and also to ask your help in the future.

谢谢你们在过去对我们的理解和支持,希望将来能继续支持、帮助我们。

Thank you for your earnest cooperation in carrying out this seminar, and I would like to encourage your further interest in and attention to the topics we have discussed today.

感谢各位的真诚合作使得研讨会圆满成功,对于今天讨论的话题,希望大家能继续保持关注。

I wish we could have more time to continue this interesting discussion. But, since we have already used up our scheduled time, we would like to close this meeting now. Thank you for your worthwhile / enlightening / informative talk.

我希望我们能有更多的时间继续这个有趣的讨论,但是,因为我们已经超过了预定时间,我想现在该告一段落了。非常感谢各位的宝贵意见。

That concludes the formal part of our program. Thank you for coming.

今天的会议到此结束,谢谢各位的参与。

Thank you for your undivided attention. Please do join us for the reception which follows this closing session.

非常感谢各位全神贯注地聆听。闭会之后请与我们一同参加招待会。

I sincerely hope that... 我诚挚地希望

I sincerely hope that we adjourn and leave the last two items on the agenda for the next meeting. There is no point in rushing them through. They can wait until next week.

我诚挚地希望休会并将议事日程的后两项内容推迟到下次会议讨论。没有必要仓促行事,可以等到下周再解决。

I sincerely hope that we could have more time to go on with this productive discussion.But,since we have already exhausted our scheduled time,we must end this meeting now.

我诚挚地希望我们有更多时间继续这个具有建设性的讨论。但由于我们已经用完了指定时间,我们现在必须结束这次会议。

I sincerely hope that the hard work of this conference leads to increased productivity.

我诚挚地希望这次会议中所付诸的努力能够增加生产力。

I sincerely hope that everyone here today is happy with our agreement. Certainly it does not represent every detail that we have heard today, but I believe that it represents the constructive input of all those who spoke.

我诚挚地希望这里的每个人都能对这个协议满意,当然它并不代表我们今天在这里听到的所有细节,但是我相信它代表所有发言者建设性的发言。

Thank you for coming. The meeting has been very successful.

感谢你们的到来,这次会议非常成功。

I think that just about covers everything, but let me just clarify one thing before we go. If this project is going to succeed, it needs everyone to work together. The financial support is going to be available if we can convince our

sponsor that the project will eventually benefit all investors. So, to sum up, it s vitally important that all departments cooperate with each other and make sure it goes smoothly.

我想刚才的讨论差不多囊括了今天要谈的一切了。但是在我们结束之前,让我再明确一点。这个项目的成功需要每一位的共同努力,如果我们能够使赞助商相信项目最终是可以让所有的投资人受益的,那么资金就一定会到位。所以,总结起来,至关重要的是,所有部门都能够通力合作,确保项目的顺利进行。

I know that many of you still have questions but unfortunately our time is up, and I m afraid we have kept our speakers longer than we should. Panelists, on behalf of all of us in the audience, let me thank you for sharing your views with us. Audience members, please join me in expressing your appreciation. (Applause.) To all of you, thank you for coming today. That concludes our program. Thank you, and good evening.

我知道各位仍然有许多问题,但是我们的时间已经到了,恐怕我们已经耽误发言者太多的时间了。我代表与会者向各位演讲人致谢(掌声)。谢谢各位今天的参与,会议到此结束。谢谢,再见。

同类推荐
  • 《21世纪大学英语》配套教材.阅读.3

    《21世纪大学英语》配套教材.阅读.3

    本系列教材是普通高等教育国家级重点教材《21世纪大学英语》的配套系列教材,包括《阅读》、《口语》和《词汇》三种,每一种分一、二、三册,供大学非英语专业的基础英语课堂教学和练习使用。《阅读》以提高学生的阅读能力为目的。第一册和第二册每册十单元。每一单元介绍一种阅读技能,并带针对性训练。各单元还配有三篇快速阅读,旨在通过反复训练以帮助学生掌握阅读技能,提高阅读速度。第三册以介绍文学名著为主,通过对各种不同文体和风格的文字进行讲解与分析,以增强学生对文学作品的欣赏能力。
  • CitiesinChina

    CitiesinChina

    ThecitiesinChinahaveaprofounDrelationshipwiththehistorythatshapeDthem.HistoricalrelicsanDculturalheritageoftenbearwitnesstotheriseanDfallofthecities.Therichheritagesofthesecitiesalsohelpinpersistingauniqueculture,whichhavebecomethesymbolsofthecities.
  • 商务英语900句“袋”着走

    商务英语900句“袋”着走

    本书提炼出外企员工日常交流中使用最高频的话题情景,力求生活化,真实化。全书点面结合,通过句型替换,举一反三,以一句顶万句,方便记忆。 本书采用口袋书设计,方便携带,可谓挤地铁乘公交的上选佳品。便于随时随地学习,为自己充电。上班前看一眼,一天都能用得到。
  • Ulysses

    Ulysses

    本书为公版书,为不受著作权法限制的作家、艺术家及其它人士发布的作品,供广大读者阅读交流。
  • 红字:The Scarlet Letter(英文朗读版)

    红字:The Scarlet Letter(英文朗读版)

    There could not be a more perfect work of the American imagination than The Scarlet Letter.— D. H. Lawrence "It is beautiful, admirable, extraordinary; it has in the highest degree that merit which I have spoken of as the mark of Hawthorne's best things—an indefinable purity and lightness of conception... One can often return to it; it supports familiarity and has the inexhaustible charm and mystery of great works of art."— Henry JamesThe Scarlet Letter is a work of historical fiction by American author Nathaniel Hawthorne, published in 1850, and was an instant best-seller. It is also one of the first mass-produced books in nuoha.vip in Puritan Massachusetts Bay Colony during the years 1642 to 1649, the novel tells the story of Hester Prynne who conceives a daughter through an affair and then struggles to create a new life of repentance and dignity. The book explores themes of legalism, sin, and nuoha.vip Scarlet Letter was one of the first mass-produced books in
热门推荐
  • 觉醒者

    觉醒者

    神秘杀手冒名进军统,打鬼子,除间谍,美女相伴,破坏特高科惊天阴谋,揭露不世之密。
  • 亿万星辰不如你璀璨

    亿万星辰不如你璀璨

    穿着汉服的林星颜和同伴一起去旅游,居然被误以为是舞蹈演员强拉上台?什么?旁边这个男孩子是她未来的男朋友?可惜了,她沉迷于回忆舞步完全没注意身旁之人?!试问雨下谁有伞?孰知伞下之人即是命中注定!看懵懂少女林星颜如何被腹黑学霸许辰汜拐回家!
  • 魔法团队系列之寻找伙伴

    魔法团队系列之寻找伙伴

    一个小女孩,从小被人当做废物,如今她逆转成才,寻找当初她最纯真的伙伴,不惜一切代价,只为他们。
  • 主神终点

    主神终点

    一觉醒来,陆仁发现自己进入了主神空间,穿越各个世界,完成一些稀奇古怪的任务。就可以获得可以兑换任何物品的积分。一段时间后,陆仁仰天长啸,主神,这次任务能算我失败吗?和丧尸交朋友什么的,你来试试!!
  • 我的大财神系统

    我的大财神系统

    这是一个软妹币玩家带着bug俯看人间的故事
  • 茅山捉鬼师

    茅山捉鬼师

    茅山弟子秦重道法初成,下山历练,从此踏入都市,遭遇各种妖魔鬼怪,奇诡异事。厉鬼冤魂,野仙邪神,道法密术,传说精怪,一一出世。养小鬼的御姐老师,身负诅咒的美女校花,仙家附体的小萝莉,双重人格的小师妹,纷纷而来。苗疆蛊术,南洋降头,东瀛式神,妖邪巫术……群魔乱舞。名震天下的茅山道术,能否再一展全长?
  • TFBOYS与梦在一起

    TFBOYS与梦在一起

    她,身份众多,因为喜欢王俊凯而隐瞒身份只为他;他,为梦坚持,自从遇到她后,每次的放弃都有她陪伴,爱情不知不觉降临在他们身上,他们就是王俊凯&陈梦
  • 毒舌小作精

    毒舌小作精

    勾结魔族残害同胞、滥杀无辜屠村灭城、包庇罪犯杀人越货……一觉醒来已经是七年后的虞棠满脸无辜:我说我死在七年前,你们信吗?一朝穿越,虞棠从千金变成了公主,无脑好色还残暴,名声比自己好不到哪儿去。虞棠收拾烂摊子快累到吐血,无语扶额:这个世界太疯狂。
  • 我与怪诞合影

    我与怪诞合影

    给女鬼拍照,那可比给女孩拍照愉快多了。给女孩拍照,得提前让人家同意,拍得不好还会挨一顿骂。女鬼就不一样了。你拍照的时候,女鬼会感激得发出喜悦的尖叫,流出感动的红色泪水,会因喜悦露出撕裂到耳边的嘴角,然后会在美好的氛围中螺旋升天。你看,女鬼多开心啊。
  • 星魂逆宇

    星魂逆宇

    与父亲相依为命的高中生安若海遭遇人生突变,父亲去世,店铺转让,没有了生活来源的他无心念书。正当他茫然无措的时候,收到了一条短信,正是这条短信改变了他的命运轨迹,从此踏上强者之路。星空茫茫,魂海涛涛,人生如梦,命运多舛,一个人的路,一个人的奋斗,是永生?是流星?还是幻若星海.既然人生如梦,那么就把梦想变为现实;既然命运无常,那么就要改写无常的命运;既然孤军奋战,那么就杀出一条血路!即使整个天、整个宇宙都要爆掉,也要逆出一个新天、新地、新宇宙!未来世界,成神之路,修仙之路,变身之路,主角样样精通;宝器、神器、科幻武器,主角样样都有;药丸、丹丸、仙丹,主角样样都吃;不管三七二十一,先整出一个大神来!